You have probably seen endless videos of the new “how to become that girl” trend. It usually involves girls that seem to have their life together. They have a perfect morning routine filled with healthy habits that we all wish to incorporate more into our own lives. One thing that differentiates these girls from others is their clear, glowing complexion. You’re probably thinking they spend a lot of money to get bright, radiant skin. What if I told you that it’s really easy to achieve the same results with a solution that’s probably already in your house.
Let me introduce you to “slugging”, a popular trend that has recently taken social media by storm! What is slugging exactly? How can you do it properly? And what are its benefits?
What is slugging and how can you properly do it?
Slugging is the process of applying a thick layer of petroleum jelly (vaseline) to clean skin and keeping it on overnight or for an extend period of time.
Before going to sleep and after having properly cleansed your face, apply a layer of the jelly on the entire face. You can also use it on other dry areas of your body, like the heels of your feet or your elbows. Leaving the jelly for a long period of time will help fight dehydration, as it retains moisture and creates a protective barrier that fights against environmental aggressors.
What are the benefits of slugging?
- Promotes penetration of ingredients: it can act as a night mask and seal in the active ingredients of your skin care products.
- Moisturizes and retains moisture: petroleum jelly is an occlusive that preserves the skin’s moisture.
- Protects the skin barrier: act as a barrier to protect the skin from daytime damage.
Petroleum jelly is easily accessible to everyone. However, we’ve prepared a list of our favorite petroleum jelly products:
- Pink Ladies: With 4 unique scents (vanilla, strawberry, aloe vera, and lemon fruit), it keeps the skin well-hydrated and subtly scented.
- Baby Face: Formulated with Vitamin E, it nourishes and maintains the moisture of your skin and your baby’s skin.
- Coeur de Vaseline: This family contains several jars of jelly of various sizes, making it portable wherever you go.
- Eco Family: Formulated to be suitable for the entire family!